Seasoft Sunrays - Excellent Product

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwobkk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just bought a pair of these boots and used them for a week in Cozumel. I must say they have exceeded my expectations. Very easy to get on and off. Comfortable. High quality materials including a velcro strap to keep the zipper up. Great sole and arch support inside the boot. I am a satisfied customer. :D

What kind of fins work well with them? I got a pair from a scuba store on deep deep clearance but they didn't go too well with my atomics or my oms slipstreams.

Sorry to read the SeaSofts didn't quite work for you, deco_martini. I have two pair and just love them! They fit better in my Mares Avantis, but I only really wear them with Jets. As they're a bit wider across the ball of the foot than most booties, they're a bit of a pain to get in and out of the Jets. But I blame the design of the Jets foot pocket more than the boot. :wink:

Sorry to read the SeaSofts didn't quite work for you, deco_martini. I have two pair and just love them! They fit better in my Mares Avantis, but I only really wear them with Jets. As they're a bit wider across the ball of the foot than most booties, they're a bit of a pain to get in and out of the Jets. But I blame the design of the Jets foot pocket more than the boot. :wink:

The jets rubber probably works better than the stiff stuff the oms jet clone is made from.

The jets rubber probably works better than the stiff stuff the oms jet clone is made from.

I thought the Slipstreams had a much more comfortable foot pocket than the Jets? (the main reason I've been waiting for them to come out in my size) :confused:

Foot pocket comfort is relative. The issue is, wearing the sunrays is like wearing a pair of nike cross trainers in your boots. Very very tall sole with a high arch. The boots themselves are great. I'm sure when I find the right size of boot for mine, they'll be dandy.

I too like the looks of the boots, but I doubt my size will fit in my Lg. twin jets. I wore out my felt bottom dive boots and can't seem to find another pair of boots with a stiff sole that are still thin. Oh well!

I bought a size 10 pair of Sunrays, and love them. They don't fit my XL Jets, but they do fit my Turtles well. I concur about this being more of a foot-pocket design issue.

Maybe I'll try on some AL Blades at my LDS and see how they fit the seasofts. (then go buy a pair for 20 bucks on ebay)

Back
Top Bottom