Seaskin neck and wrist seal, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am considering ordering my first Seaskin Nova and had similar questions about neck and wrist seals. It looks like it has been a couple of years since you purchased this suit. Any thoughts on what you like or don't like?

I am considering ordering my first Seaskin Nova and had similar questions about neck and wrist seals. It looks like it has been a couple of years since you purchased this suit. Any thoughts on what you like or don't like?
User replaceable is the way to go. No real down time and much cheaper.

It's my second drysuit and I love the way it fits. The Silicone neck and wrist seals are great, haven't had to replace them yet. Much more flexible and comfortable compared to latex seals. I looks and feels much better than my older, now long scrapped Pinnacle EVO 2. I would put the Seaskin Nova up against any other suit out there for value and features.
You won't be disappointed. Only thing is the lead time. I'm guessing it's at least 2-3 months for delivery.

It's my second drysuit and I love the way it fits. The Silicone neck and wrist seals are great, haven't had to replace them yet. Much more flexible and comfortable compared to latex seals. I looks and feels much better than my older, now long scrapped Pinnacle EVO 2. I would put the Seaskin Nova up against any other suit out there for value and features.
You won't be disappointed. Only thing is the lead time. I'm guessing it's at least 2-3 months for delivery.
So I'm leaning towards the Quick Neck system with the Silflex seal, but I'm not sure about the wrist seals. Any thoughts on the SiTeck docking system vs the SiTeck oval cuff rings?

So I'm leaning towards the Quick Neck system with the Silflex seal, but I'm not sure about the wrist seals. Any thoughts on the SiTeck docking system vs the SiTeck oval cuff rings?

Fanboy!

Don't listen to him! Did I mention that he's a Kubi fanboy?

If you think you will use drygloves, you need to look further than just cuff side setup. What system will be best for you and will give you best options further down the road.
Kubi is only metal system that I know of and I think it's the most expensive of them all which is relative anyway once you figure in price of the suit. Downside is that you are stuck with Kubi from that point.
Sitech docking system gives you a bit more options about drygloves system, but I am not really familiar with it.
Sitech QCS gives most options atm, with benefit of somewhat lower profile when not using drygloves. It is plastic, but I can't really see how you can break it unless someone drops a tank on it.

SiTech cuff rings and pullover gloves. Low profile and inexpensive. I have never had a leak with them after spending money on other options.

SiTech cuff rings and pullover gloves. Low profile and inexpensive. I have never had a leak with them after spending money on other options.
Do you have a favorite pullover glove that you would recommend? I do not use dry gloves at the moment but with this ring system I'm investing in, I would be interested in exploring some options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom