Seasickness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know how precisely the OP was defining "spring" and "summer" . . . All I was trying to do was suggest that he examine what is different about himself or what he is doing, or about his environment, because something has to be different to explain the difference in symptoms. If the time of illness and the time of Zyrtec consumption don't coincide, then that can be discarded as a possibility.

Hi Lynne,

I was not discounting what you or anyone else had to say; I was just offering another possible factor to consider. Perhaps the OP should dive all year long then he could eliminate my idea.

Cheers,

Couv

av8tr,

you mention virginia. have you tried diving elsewhere in the spring and summer? here in texas for example, we have a current heading south and with a wind coming out of the south or southeast produces nasty 3-5' seas with very short periods. these type waves get me sick. what are your waves like at different times of the year.? i am no doctor but it seems logical it must be something to do with the wind, type waves, type boat you use, type diet, are doing something in spring and summer making you more tired before you go diving.? being exhausted, eating greasy food coupled with some nasty 5' chop can make many people sick. i use bomine( meclizine) . what we used in the navy. works great. take one hour before getting on boat. no sooner or later.

oh well. thats my 2 cents worth. good luck!

dktexas54

Back
Top Bottom