Searching for Cressi Frog Plus Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caseywilson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
They don't have to be Cressi's brand. In fact, Cressi's are no longer in stock anywhere. My fins have a buckle "socket" that twist-locks into a half-inch hole on the side of the fin — no stud. I've looked at Blue Reef and XS Scuba and I'm open to other suggestions. Uhmmmm, that is other than buy new fins.

I've never seen a set of Frogs with the arrangement you describe. If the XSSCUBA universal kit won't work, a new set of fins with springs are in order. Aqualung ShotXS and Diverite EXPs are both good choices and are standard with springs. Both will be as good or better than your Frogs.

You can also unscrew the pin holding the spring to the buckle and then use the pin to hold them in place on your Cressi buckles. This is how I ended up doing it years ago.

Extreme, but I did it about 10 years ago before the proliferation of spring straps, I used Apollo Bio find straps, but in order to fit them they do require fin surgery, you need to cut the posts off and drill some holes. Wasn't too hard just need to be careful re placement and measuring.

---------- Post added July 29th, 2015 at 07:23 PM ----------

But I imagine now there are straps that will fit without requiring surgery. If for what ever reason you go the Apollo route PM me and I can help. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom