Search and Rescue Volunteer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks.

BTW, I've been reading your posts for quite some time, and appreciate you sharing your experiences. Fortunately for me, there was not an opening for a diver until just recently. I know there are parts of this job I'm not going to enjoy, but I believe I'm ready to handle them professionally. I know that reading is no substitute for experience (my first attempt at an arc search proved that), but a glimpse into your world, I believe, helped me make an informed decision to go ahead and try out for the team.

Gary D.:
Boy do I like your teams attitude.

I have one little thing I add for the FNG's, It's do as I say NOT as I do. I only have to tell them once. Our FNG's go through the same thing. One step at a time. When we feel they're ready they get involved but not before then.

Gary D.

J. Christ is a FNG compared to Gary. :D

As I understand it, he was on call for Noah's ark incident.

You guys are BUTTHEADS that can be replaced!

My wife wants to know how you found out about the Ark? :D

As far as PSD work goes I think I'm one of the luckiest sob’s ever. Not as far as safety but for having the opportunities I have had. Going all over half of the world diving some wonderful places doing a wide variety of jobs and getting paid to do it most of the time. Then the amount of training which I have paid for less than 1% of.

It's been tough but someone has had to do it. :D

I would like to see all the PSD’s on the board get together for a dive. Even do some scenarios.

Greg D. knows what it’s like bringing several teams together scrambling the members and working on problems. It is a ball, a cluster but a ball.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
I would like to see all the PSD’s on the board get together for a dive. Even do some scenarios.
Gary D.

Key West in January sounds good to me!!!!

Gary D.:

I seriously like the idea. It would be good to meet the people behind the keyboards. I'm not all that far from Idaho or Wa state. What do you have in mind? (of course summer would be nicer for travelling etc)

I'm in lets get the ball rolling for the first annual PSD forum dive!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom