Seaquest Raider BC I need Comment Please????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murat

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning to get a back inflated BC. A lot of people told me that the Seaquest Raider is very good. I do not have the opportunity to test this BC in water so I need comments of the board. :confused:

I agree with leadweight here. The Transpak II by Dive Rite is an excellent bc. Most of all it's incredibly versatile, as it is a modular system. The harness can be very well adjusted. There are several bladders available, starting at 30 lbs. lift on up, to redundant bladders. Several different pockets, including well made weight pockets. If you have a need for it, you can add a steel plate, or use the plate with one of several harnesses while still utilizing the bc's bladder, pockets etc.. Finally, it can easily be packed for travel, especially with the small bladder.

Another bc I have and like is a Zeagle, in my case the the Ranger. Again, a fairly modular system with different single and redundant bladders available, as well as good accessories. I use a 35 lbs. bladder instead of the stock 44 lbs..

Both of those models have excellent craftmanship, and very good customer service in my experience. Especially Dive Rite.

However, while both are CE certified, I'm not sure if they're imported into Turkey. You might want to have a look at their websites:
www.diverite.com
www.zeagle.com

In general, if you are interested in a standard bc (not backplate and wings setup), then Seaquest is known for its high quality bc's. That being said, the Raider is indeed VERY bulky and pretty expensive. Two other back inflate choices in the Seaquest line are the Black Diamond and Balance. The Black Diamond is comparable to the the Zeagle Ranger in many ways. One thing to note: if you plan on moving into double tank setups and more tech oriented diving, go with a backplate and wings which can be used for both single and double setups. Also, look to ebay for prices in the Black Diamond, Balance, and Ranger.

I have a Raider, and it is a very nice piece. Very comfortable with lots of padding. It is bulky, but it has big, useful pockets...which are the cause of most of the bulk. I think they go for about $900-1000 new with an Air Source inflator/octo, which is what I bought. Of course, I am going to be doing more traveling so my Raider is going up for sale and I bought a BP/wing.

The raider is HUGE!!
you need to be a big guy to move that much surface area efficiently!! Try something smaller. I've dove the raider, when you get out of the water its like you are holding a bathtub worth of water it traps so much. Try the trans pac thing, nicer fit.

I have checked the DiveRite web site for transpac II and Rec wings & Travel wings. Are these two peaces the only equipment I need to buy in order to set up this BC ? Thanks for the comments for the Raider.

:rolleyes:

Murat once bubbled...
I have checked the DiveRite web site for transpac II and Rec wings & Travel wings. Are these two peaces the only equipment I need to buy in order to set up this BC ? Thanks for the comments for the Raider.

:rolleyes:

Yes.

Just the harness and one set of wings and you are in business for single tank diving. The travel wing is for single tank use only. The Rec wing allows single and dual tank, although an accessory called a stabilizer plate (under $20) is required for doubles. If you want integrated weights, the pockets are extra. I use the travel wing and a couple of Halcyon trim pockets for a low capacity (10#) integrated weight system. I have the crotch strap (about $8). The crotch strap would be useful for doubles though I dont use it with singles.

I would like to know if I can use a 15 or 18 litre single tank with either of these wings??? plus what is the difference between each other other than the lift capacity.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom