Seaquest EVA BC Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outlaw14

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all.

My LDS has a woman's Seaquest BC, the EVA, on sale for $299. I have tried searching the boards for users of this BC to see what thoughts are, but I can't come up with any threads. Anyone using this one and care to fill me in on the pros/cons? I am recently certified and not all that familiar with what I should look for (though reading the forum is helping). Is this model out of date or something as I even read a review of women's BCs from ScubaDiving magazine from 4/03 that didn't even mention it? Thanks for your help.

Lauren

Hello all.

My LDS has a woman's Seaquest BC, the EVA, on sale for $299. I have tried searching the boards for users of this BC to see what thoughts are, but I can't come up with any threads. Anyone using this one and care to fill me in on the pros/cons? I am recently certified and not all that familiar with what I should look for (though reading the forum is helping). Is this model out of date or something as I even read a review of women's BCs from ScubaDiving magazine from 4/03 that didn't even mention it? Thanks for your help.

Lauren

Lauren, I'm also looking at an EVA to purchase....have you found out any info on it?
Thanks
-Mike

Lauren, I'm also looking at an EVA to purchase....have you found out any info on it?
Thanks
-Mike

Mike I never found out anything either; however, my roommate and I both purchased this BC way back then and have been using it ever since! No problems, we keep them clean and have them serviced annually. There are probably other BCs that are more comfortable but we wouldn't know. I will say this BC only had one strap to slide around the tank. We've occasionally had problems with the tanks slipping. If I were buying a new BC now I'd seriously look at one with two tank straps. On the other hand, if we wet our bc straps before securing them to the tank we don't have that slippage issue. Hope this is helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom