SeaQuest Balance by Aqua Lung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rottekatz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Because Aqua Lung controls sale price through limiting access to warranty and service I chose to purchase a SeaQuest Balance by Aqua Lung over the internet under the belief that Aqua Lung manufactures a reliable product and the warranty would be unnecessary. The BCD which I purchased was NIB and the inventory tag was still attached. Afte about 6 months and less than 14 dives the side seam on the bladder blew out.
Lessons learned - There is no warranty on Aqua Lung products from other than an authorized dealer.
The quality of Aqua Lung products is such that the warranty coverage is more than a nice to have, especially compared to price paid.
I did contact Aqua Lung customer service and they verified that warranty service is obtained from an authorized dealer and a blown bladder is not repairable. I have a pair of weight pockets and grab handle that I will probably be disposing of and I am keeping the tank strap for my save a dive kit.

Never buy Aqua Lung SeaQuest from other than authorized dealer, it is not worth the risk.

Hard lesson but a true one. Aqua Lung original products are not low quality by any means so I would question if this is actually an Aqua Lung manufactured bcd or a good knockoff. In 19 years I have never seen a bladder rip out.

On the Aqua Lung web site the serial number is tied to Sport Chalet, so I don't believe that it is a knock off. It was a side seam on the bladder that gave way.

If they show it shipping to Sport Chalet then Sport Chalet must be or have been a dealer at the time of the shipment.

If you bought it from Sport Chalet have you taken it back to them? What was their response?

Aqua Lung phased out the Seaquest name and replaced it with the Aqua Lung brand several years ago. When did you purchase this bcd?

Sport Chalet is a dealer and I use them as my LDS. They are a chain and have quite a few stores.
I purchased this on Ebay as new in box and not from Sport Chalet.
I purchased the Balance in Aug 2013.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom