SeaLife support- Digital Pro strobe head separated from flex-arm during a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trailblazer1229

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
SeaLife,
Need a little help here. I have a DC1200 with the Digital Pro Strobe and mount. After a few dives (less than 10) I noticed the head of the strobe spun very easily and was causing me difficulty aiming the flash underwater. It would not stay in the position I wanted.

As I surfaced, I noticed the head of the strobe completely separated from the flex-link arm. Fortunately the flash link saved me from losing the head of the strobe in the water altogether. Upon inspection after removing a ball link from the flex-link arm, I realized the allen bolt at the end of the bungee had worked it self free from the head of the strobe.

I screwed the bolt back on and the head of the strobe was nice and tight. Snapped the link back together and I was in business. I thought this had fixed the problem, but after one dive, the head is loose again and I am afraid it will come off at depth.

Is this a design flaw or just a faulty unit? Is there a simple solution to this as some locktite, or shall I send it back to SeaLife?

Contacted SeaLife customer support via email regarding the issue. They indicated it must have been a faulty flex-link arm. They are sending a replacement out.
Thanks SeaLife!

Trailblazer1229 - the SeaLife flexible flash arm is a very tricky assembly operation requiring just the right amount of Loctite primer / thread-lock and screw torque. If it's not done right, the screw can come loose. We do perform 100% inspection for this but some must have got loose. It's best that we replace the entire arm. Glad service could help out so quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom