Sealife Sl#145

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello:

I am a confused first time digital camera purchaser who also wants to use the camera for underwater photography.

I would really appreciate opinions on the following situation.

I am looking at the the new SEALIFE DC310 Digital Pro Set. It comes with a 3.3 MP camera inside a housing and also has a strobe. It seems like a good deal. Can anyone give me any practical information about SEALIFE digital cameras?

During my research I see the Olympus 50/50 popping up as a camera of choice. But with housing and strobe it is much more expensive than the Sealife set.

Is the Sealife set a good deal or should I just save up some more money and buy the Olympus on the theory that you only get what you pay for.

I welcome any thoughts and opinions.

thanks,
Mario

For real underwater photography, I think you'll be more pleased with the Olympus. It has the versatility to serve as a simple point and shoot in auto mode with photo quality good enough to print enlargements, until you get comfortable enough to expand to settings that give you more control to total manual if that's what you want.

If all you want or need is a point and shoot snapshot camera, the Sealife would do.

The 5050 is also an excellent topside camera too.

It has more options than my (supposedly "pro") Oly E20. I'm off on holiday next week, and I'm more than happy just to take the 5050 for all my pics, UW & topside.

Lets just hope I don't get a flood whilst I'm away ;-0

http://www.scubaboard.com/t34352/s.html

ZoCrowes255 has decided to purchase the DC-310. I too am interested in this camera. I've seen the pro set (with strobe) online for $700, but nobody seems to have it in stock yet. It's a new model, and was scheduled to begin shipping August 15.

I look forward to seeing what this camera can do. Has anyone seen specs or reviews?

Back
Top Bottom