SeaLife Micro 3.0 review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mridude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Apologies if I missed it, but I can't find anyone on here that has used the new Micro 3.0 from SeaLife.

I started out with the SeaLife DC2000. Moved to the Micro 2.0. Love the permanent seal and depth rating, but I know SeaLife cameras do not take the best pics/video. I am not really interested in being a photo expert, just want to take videos and a few shots now and then, but I would like a better camera.

That said, in spite of the better specs of the new 3.0, I noticed they reduced the wide angle lens from 130 deg to 100 max. That seems to be moving in the wrong direction for action cameras...

Has anyone used the 3.0? The only reviews I can find are from sellers it seems. Thanks in advance.

Why is that? I'm not saying the SeaLife is better. I just read the specs of the SeaLife 3.0 and they seem better...16mp vs 12. Permanently sealed. No Housing. Good to 200' (I've had the Micro 2.0 deeper). Its smaller. Bigger battery.

Everything else seems similar.

Again, I have no experience with the TG-6 and I am not a professional or even close. Don't do a lot of macro or anything, but if I did the 3.0 has a addon lens that pops on/off easily.

Lack of normal camera controls outside of Sealife "scenes", no shutter speed or aperture control, no strobe connections, limited native macro performance compared to TG's super macro, etc. It's basically a kid camera IMO.

It's $599, and the TG-6 with housing is $679. You can also regularly find the TG6/housing used for less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom