SEALIFE DC500....Thinking about a new camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boastud

Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking at this camera for a little while, and wanted a little feedback if anybody has it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Ryan

Thats the close out price you can get anywhere....the DC600 is out and they are trying to get rid of them......still a great price for camera and housing though but you should be able to get that deal anywhere

boastud:
I've been looking at this camera for a little while, and wanted a little feedback if anybody has it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Ryan

Were I you, I would keep thinking a little more.

Phil Ellis

I really like the camera, I bought it in May and have over a thousand shots on it. It seems that people love it or hate it because it's not an Oly or Cannon, or whatever. You will have to make sure to keep the firmware updated and buy an extra battery.
Haven't had the chance to take it in the clear ocean but here are a couple of quarry shots in WI & Ill.
IMG_0037-1.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

It's not the camera :wink:

While some really love this unit, others do not...and it doesn't have anything to with what brand it is and it surely isn't limited to discussions on this particular brand/model.

It has to do with the finer things such as controls, image quality (on the web it's hard to tell), ISO range and noise, recycle time of flash, write time, customer support, overall build quality, battery life, use on land, size, price, versatility, looks,...

There's no one answer to the dilemma of "which camera?" All you can do is look around, try to decide on some features that are must haves for you and narrow the field to suit. Then flip a coin or roll the dice as there are a ton of choices out there that are suitable for different people.

Not much help, I know - but even if you choose wrong, there's always ebay or the classifieds here...then you can start the search all over again!

:wink: Alicina...It sure is the camera....
Believe me when I say that. 1000 shots of dirt water later, I know it's the camera..LOL

As Alcina was trying to point out, most any camera is capable of taking a picture that is suitable for the web. The real issues are things like noise (which I can see in the pictures posted above) color quality (hard to tell in these pictures) clarity, position of controls, manual settings available, etc, etc.

The DC500 is not anywhere close to the quality of a typical P&S camera that you can buy for very reasonable prices. So, you really just should research everything and see what your options really are before you spend your money on something that you may get frustrated with or fails you when on vacation.

Just my 0.02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom