Sealife DC1400 with new sealife fisheye lense....anyone tried it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm REALLY wanting to upgrade to a full DSLR rig.....Canon T3i, Sea&Sea housing, twin strobes, macro and wide angle lenses and housing ports.......but alas, that's going to have to wait another year.

Instead, I have a Sealife DC1000 with one strobe (that's broken now - I have to get it replaced) and my wide angle lense doesn't attached the way it used to because the o-ring that attaches to the outside housing came off. So I'm going to try and improve the camera I have or perhaps upgrade to the DC1400.

I've heard the DC1400 has a wider angle of viewing than the DC1000 or the DC1200 AND I'd probably get the dual strobe setup. But what I always disliked about my camera was its optical inferiority. But now sealife has a new fisheye lense that doesn't have the optical power of a tokina 10-17 fisheye but is better than the regular wide angle lense you can get.

Question 1:
My question, has anyone tried the new fisheye lense on any DC1000, DC1200 or DC1400 camera? And does it have the slightest capability of taking somewhat decent panoramic shots? I'm headed to Cocos Island in February and I'm really wanting to see some improvements from before.

Question 2:
How much improvement should I expect with twin strobes on this setup compared to one strobe? I figure with a wider angle of viewing with a fisheye, one strobe would leave the photo with "hot spots" and I want to avoid that. But with these short strobe arms, it begs the question of how powerful is this setup?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and safe diving!

from what I have read the new lens will not be available till September... I can't wait to get one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom