Sealife DC1200 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the post... it was nice to see some good shots taken with this camera. I know that there are many negative comments on this but is still something that I am considering purchasing.

Do you have any personal complaints about it or things you wish were different? How is the shutter lag for the most part?

Thanks, Sean

Thanks for info and viewing samples as am doing my due diliegence on upgrading versus remaining the the point and shoot ie SeaLife 1200 Duo Maxx. I have a question when looking a videos I noticed one had a sepia tone and another green tone (phillipines) and thought I understood that this unit had built in filters. Are these active in the video mode and 2nd where you able to use the zoom when in u/w video mode? Thx.

Hi, i was wondering if i bought the duo maxx would i need to use wthe red filter because i would have the light, or could i use the light and red filter and light, or would that look crappy? Thanks

Thanks for the post... it was nice to see some good shots taken with this camera. I know that there are many negative comments on this but is still something that I am considering purchasing.

Do you have any personal complaints about it or things you wish were different? How is the shutter lag for the most part?

Thanks, Sean

I just looked at this thread for the first time in a while so sorry about not responding. I don't have any complaints about the DC1200. I just would like to have the strobe for it. Its difficult to get good shots in underwater mode if the viz isn't good and/or natural light is not abundant. This is probably true with any point-and-shoot underwater camera. I have taken to using Land mode with a flash and shooting close while diving in the silty Pacific.

Thanks for info and viewing samples as am doing my due diliegence on upgrading versus remaining the the point and shoot ie SeaLife 1200 Duo Maxx. I have a question when looking a videos I noticed one had a sepia tone and another green tone (phillipines) and thought I understood that this unit had built in filters. Are these active in the video mode and 2nd where you able to use the zoom when in u/w video mode? Thx.

You may have been taking video in Land mode while underwater. Make sure you are in underwater mode before switching to video. I don't think the zoom operates while in video mode. Also, natural light has to be decent. Not usually a problem while diving in the Philippines.

What's up with the red tint to my videos? The DC1200 was in U/W mode and a video taken at 25fsw w/o artificial light is tinted red.

AfterDark, change the settings to cloudy.
Thanks I'll give it try.

What's up with the red tint to my videos? The DC1200 was in U/W mode and a video taken at 25fsw w/o artificial light is tinted red.

I bought this camera 2 weeks ago for a Sharm diving holiday and I was deeply disappointed with what I can only suppose was a "rushed" operating system: I, too, had the same query as you:

I put the cam on underwater mode and then wondered why, when reviewing on the surface, the videos had a red tint: it seems that the camera stupidly keeps the video in land mode and only the photos are placed in underwater mode.

For me, it would make more sense that a user would probably want both photo and video modes to go into underwater mode if he selected underwater.

Careless programming from the manufacturer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom