SeaLife AquaPod Underwater Monopod?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dom Perignon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone tried the SeaLife AquaPod Underwater Monopod?

From the pics I saw it does not look compatible with the external flash base.

From B&H Photo website:
"The AquaPod Underwater Monopod from SeaLife is a support system for all SeaLife and other underwater cameras that have a standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount. It can be used to take pictures of any subject beneath the water's surface--including yourself, by simply holding it out in front of you. The monopod even has a built-in self-image mirror. The one-legged rod has a load capacity of 7.7 lb (3.5 kg). It is constructed from durable polycarbonate, TPE, anodized aluminum and stainless steel in order to resist corrosion and other wear and tear. It is extendable from 18-53" (46-135 cm) in length, and is lightweight for easy transport. A lanyard with a clip and a rubber grip are included. Also bundled with the AquaPod are a GoPro adapter and quick-release mounting plate.

Compatible with all SeaLife and other underwater cameras that have a standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount
Built-in self-image mirror makes it easier to take pictures of yourself
Has a load capacity of 7.7 lb (3.5 kg)
Crafted from durable Polycarbonate, TPE, anodized aluminum and stainless steel for corrosion resistance and protection against wear and tear
Extendable from 18-53" (46-135 cm) in length
Lightweight for easy transport
Includes a lanyard with a clip, a rubber grip, a GoPro adapter and a quick-release mounting plate"

Hi Dom,

That's correct, it's intended for a camera only (SeaLife camera, GoPro camera using the included adapter, or any camera with a standard tripod mount) - with the strobe attached, it would be to heavy for the AquaPod to support

Too heavy... Or too bulky?

My set cam+flash are positively buoyant, so weight shan't be a problem. I bet it'll be hard to maneuver.

I'm getting one and will be trying it out. But first I have to find a way to hook the Aquapod to the flash base, since the flash base screws into the same place as the Aquapod screws into.

Has anybody found a way to add a second bolt to the Sealife flash base?

Returned from dive trip in Fiji in April. Stayed at Beqa Lagoon Resort on Beqa Island just south of Vita Levu island. Used the Aqua Pod for the first time on my GoPro Hero 2 with a red filter. Best thing ever. Allows spectacular and unique camera/video perspectives. Close ups of shy fish, eels in holes, Christmas Tree Worms, etc. The movement through the water, around and in coral, over and in shipwrecks creates fascinating perspectives. During the shark dive it provided close up video when fully extended 53" that sharks and fish bumped the camera numerous times. It is fun being able to shoot ones self and others from the front and sides as well as point of view from behind while cruising along. Best $70 I spent for the trip, besides the red filter which is a must.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom