Seahorse in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArizSig

Reaction score
I'm home from Roatan! One of the people I went with let me use his Olympus 5050 to take some pictures. The picture was taken using only the internal flash, no external strobes. This is as taken, it hasn't been edited yet. I'm very happy with the results, especially since I'm new to the underwater photography game!

ArizSig:
I'm home from Roatan! One of the people I went with let me use his Olympus 5050 to take some pictures. The picture was taken using only the internal flash, no external strobes. This is as taken, it hasn't been edited yet. I'm very happy with the results, especially since I'm new to the underwater photography game!

VERY nice... I was in Roatan this year, and found a seahorse too... I like your composition better... I use and Olympus 4040z with a Light and Motion Tetra housing and an external strobe.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3821/password/0/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

Love them both! Thanks for sharing..I can dream of seahorses tonight as I dive for the pillow.

That's pretty darn good for your first time taking photos u/w. You filled the frame, shot from at or below subject level and got close, just like all the tips on this board say to. And you've shown that internal flash can give you good results if you stay close like you did.

I tried a stab at some editing, just to show what's possible. I used photoshop to darken the image (which brought back some of the blown red highlights in the sea horse), then changed the color cast (shifted it red by clicking on a part of the image that should have been gray -- essentially adjusting the white balance), then used the unsharp mask to sharpen the image a bit. Not much different from your original, just a bit darker and redder. I'm slightly color blind so my taste in colors is a bit off from others'.

Looking good AS,
I'm going to Anthonys in August so looking forward to it..
I've heard it's a lot of Macro stuff which is kewl...
I'm using the same rig as Doc Mike... only with dry synch cord connections.. am having them changed from wet to dry... finally... ;-))

very nice, both pics rock

Back
Top Bottom