SeaFrogs SF-L02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I received my SeaFrogs SF-02 light today. It appears functional; i.e., it come on and goes through the colored lights and back to white. However, I have a few questions and the manual doesn't provide much input.

1. When I turn the dial the number in the right window changes from 1 to 9 but the light intensity stays the same. Isn't it supposed to change from dim to brighter?

2. It is very unclear to me what I am supposed to do with respect to Setting 1/2/3 and how I know what setting mode I am in.

Does anyone have a clearer description of this lights operation and modes?

Thanks for your help,
Rick

I am just exploring my new L01 (i assume it is the same but with flat port).

Mine in modes A, B (red) and D (UV) changes the light power with the 1-9 dial. In modes E, F and G the dial modifies the flash power, not the focusing light.

While the (horrible) manual states that focusing light should be in power 1, it seems more like an excessive power to my eye (brighter than 1, almost 2).

Does anyone know how to change focus light power, if possible?

Setting 1 allows to select if the light is affected by external flash (n=on; f=off), and setting 2 is used for selecting if such effect must be switch it off (f) or burst a flash (n). I have not played with setting 3 (remote control?)

I was looking at the sf-L02 for a video light - how bright is it? Any "hot" spots or is it pretty even? Is the UV light intensity high? Like the white, or is it coming from a couple smaller LEDs?

Thank!​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom