Seafrogs 6" Optical Glass Flat Long Port for Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN II Art

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I am writing something wrong.
I have an a6000 camera and a Seafrogs salted line housing with 6" dome port. It works quite well but I'd like to upgrade to A7C II and I am a bit stuck with the port selection.
I don't dive, just snorkel, so I don't need very robust aluminum housing. I've tested camera with Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN II Art lens at our local aquarium exhibition. I am very impressed with the new focusing features and I would definetely buy it. Seafrogs claims here that:
allows it to work with full zoom range without vignetting effect and picture distortion thanks to the multi-coated optical glass.
I don't understand how this is possible without an additional correction lens. There is quite a comprehensive video about the way the ports work and how they affect the picture.
On the other hand here Seafrogs claims that:
Note that when using the Sony FE24-70 F2.8 GM/Sony FE24-70 F2.8 GM II/Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG lenses with the Dome Port, they will work correctly only from 24 to 55mm. Beyond 55mm, you may experience focusing issues and soft corners. Please keep this in mind.

So I would like to know if anybody here has experience of using any of Sony FE24-70 F2.8 GM/Sony FE24-70 F2.8 GM II/Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG/Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN II Art lenses with Seafrogs' housing and dome port. Are there any issues with focusing? What do they actually look like?

Back
Top Bottom