SeaDive EagleEye Mask Reflectivity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Serious question, you don't think you can see happiness, fear or confusion in someone's face, even behind a mask?
Didn't have this particular SeaDive mask, but I did have a reflective one (Omer Alien). My dive buddy hated it because she couldn't see my eyes. We still communicated ok with hand and light signals, but we both found it was another useful means of communicating that we missed, so the mask was returned. I'm not sure I gained much from the weird tinting of the underwater world anyway.

I dive a good bit in clear water with more than enough light. Also spearfish and lobster dive, so we don't use lights to signal and our communication is often pretty simple. I won't spend time arguing my point that diving with a robot is distracting, but it certainly bothered me. We also talk and yell and I'm not exactly sure I understand exactly why not seeing the eyes is so distracting - perhaps it is loosing the ability to discern exactly what your buddy is looking at?

Also, I am not well versed in all the mask options, but I have dove with people who have colored or tinted masks, not a problem at all. It is the mirror ones that present the issue. Haven't any of you ever dealt with a cop wearing the reflective sunglasses? distracting at least.

Back
Top Bottom