Seac Boss Mask (black) - Your thoughts please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a qualified OWD but haven't dived much. I recently holidayed in Egypt and did three days worth of diving and had an awesome time. So much so that I'm kicking myself for not doing more since I qualified in 2004.
Upon returning home I've signed up with what appears to be a good local dive school for the Advanced OWD course.
Now.... unfortunately my Mares X-vision mask was damaged by another holiday maker pushing an inflatable dinghy full of water over the top of it whilst I was in the pool with my daughter (my mask was sitting on the poolside).

I'm shopping for a new mask and have seen the Seac Boss mask - it's not too expensive (£29.99) and I was thinking I'd spend more, but I like the look and fit of the mask.
My worry is that it is a black mask with black skirt. Not so much worried about how I'd feel diving in it - I just seem to recall that I've heard mention that black masks are for 'technical' divers. (would it be a little odd for a newbie to wear one or not?)

Anyone can dive with a black mask. I have never heard of technical divers only wearing black masks. Anyway, I have a Seac mask and I like it. They are kind of cheap, but they work well. I bought mine in Egypt.

Back
Top Bottom