SEA WASPS!!!!!! Yikes!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Righto...

Three things in the ocean I hate, mostly while surfing.

1. Crabs, they don't like people

2. Stingrays, unbelievable pain nad they only let you know they are there when you step on them

3. jelly fish; aome actually seem to drift/propel towards you.

A friend of mine was sent to the hospital when he was 10 due to a Man-O-War; Rarely ever do the float in to the beach with the 150' plus tentacles they can have. But this one had a ton of tentacles that covered his whole body. But that is pretty rare.

My sting was my whole left arm; it can actually burn right through the skin and cause bleeding. Scars lasted about three years.

Back to the Sea Wasp; nothing will get rid of the initial pain of any jellyfish sting. Vinegar may stop the stingers from repeatedly firing their toxins while you wipe them off. Yep it's gonna leave a mark.

In the future I would love to have a jellyfish tank in my house, w/ a blacklight. That would be cool.

Thanks, very cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom