Sea to Sea mx-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tgreaves

Reaction score
How good of pics does the sea to sea mx-5 take.. I bought one and took some pics on land but havent seen any from under the water..

It's going to depend on you, light conditions, vis, and etc. I don't have an MX-5, but I do have an Auto35. It takes great pics on land, but I've gotten mixed results underwater. It's not the cameras fault though. I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet. Dave Read's webpage has alot of tips and info for beginners, take a look at it. It's aimed more toward Ikelite cameras, but the princeables are the same. Good luck.

You should show some examples and tell us what film you've used (50,100,200,400,800 ASA etc.). The visibility is also an interesting point. You should always almost use the internal strobe.

In most cases you should uses 100/200 ASA films. The results with the build in strobe are not perfect because in most cases you will see reflections at your picture.

At shallow water you can try to take photos without the build in strobe.

I'am not an owner of MX-5 but I've seen lot of nice pictures taken with MX-5 at very bad circumstances, so I believe you should be able to get some results. Not professional quality but something usesfull.

Another hint:
Try to take your photos always from button to surface (fishes, divers, wrecks). Then your camera is able to use all the light available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom