Sea Sifter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLDVR

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happend to the company called Sea Sifter?
I saw a reference here in the past but the website is no longer there.
They make a nice looking sifter that looks like a useful tool on shark tooth dives.

Injection molded plastic, high tech and tooth magnet installed would suit me just fine:D
It seemed like a pretty good idea without having to make on my self.
Are you making them out of screen? I thought about it a little but should probably go and actually try to find some first!

I've never used a sifter before. Thought about it, but it just doesn't seem like it'd be effective enough to make it worth while.

Since I've never been on a "Tooth" dive before it seemed like a pretty good idea. I guess I'll troll the treads a bit and see what people are doing.

I used a colander <sp> once, that worked out kind of interesting, but honestly I've pulled dozens more teeth by hand than I did with any sifter. I'm not spending near as much time on the micro of the sifter and looking around more at the bigger picture. :)

I made this and I used it in the Peace River and on the beach it works great you can even great creative and put a handle on it.
I did take it down on a dive with me before but it can work but does a number on the vis unless you got good currant.
Easy and cheap to make it's a minnow trap you can get them at Wall Mart or Sports Authority. They come in 2 pieces so you get 2 for the price of one.You can try to flatten out the cone but it's easier to just cut it out and fit a piece of 1/4" hardware screen I used chain link fence tie wraps.

Bruce

Nice info. thanks for the input. I'll most likely try the big picture method to start then fine tune if needed.
Thanks,
Henry

bruce119:
I made this and I used it in the Peace River and on the beach it works great you can even great creative and put a handle on it.
I did take it down on a dive with me before but it can work but does a number on the vis unless you got good currant.
Easy and cheap to make it's a minnow trap you can get them at Wall Mart or Sports Authority. They come in 2 pieces so you get 2 for the price of one.You can try to flatten out the cone but it's easier to just cut it out and fit a piece of 1/4" hardware screen I used chain link fence tie wraps.

Bruce

Minnow sifter huh? Hmmmm I am going on a tooth dive Labor Day weekend and I will need all the help I can get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom