Sea Sickness and Live a Boards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend of mine suggested Tritone pills. Anyone familiar with those? I would appreciate some feedback.

Thank you.

If you do a google search on motion sickness cures you will get a lot of links. Has anyone tried the relief band? It electrically stimulates a nerve to block motion sickness. Used to stop nausea in post op patients and other cases (including motion sickness). It is hard to tell if the testamonials are paid for or true.

Originally posted by seabass
If you do a google search on motion sickness cures you will get a lot of links. Has anyone tried the relief band? It electrically stimulates a nerve to block motion sickness. Used to stop nausea in post op patients and other cases (including motion sickness). It is hard to tell if the testamonials are paid for or true.

I tried it with no help, but then again I get seasick in the bathtub.
It did make me feel a little better, but the worse time for me is gearing up or when I first get back on the boat. These are both times you can't be wearing the band.

One of the instuctors at my LDS recommended the patch. He used to be as bad as I am, but with the patch he has no problems. I got some from my doctor and will be trying it out this month.

Ty

I would suggest, The Nekton Pilot or Rorqual, to the Bahama's or Belize. Very large boats, with the Navy swath design, which make them very stable.:) They also have large adjustable platforms. Fairly reasonable, at about: $1500. us dollars, all inclusive!, for 7 days.

Not to mention, the world class diving, with the opprotunity for 5 to 6 dives a day. night and shark diving.

Good Luck!, and Happy Diving!:D

Clearly transderm scop and dramamine work well for seasickness. What other remedies have people tried and had consistently work? Someone mentioned that they had used the relief-band and that it didn't really work. But I interpreted the post to mean you didnt get sick when you had it on, but when you took it off to put your gear on you got sick. Which means it actually does work.

Sea-Band (acupressure)
Relief Band (electrical stimulation)
Ginger

Please list how prone to seasickness you are. I used to get carsick all the time.

Seasick friends have given high marks to the Nekton line for avoidance of seasickness (and nice accomodations).

Back
Top Bottom