sea & sea users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
when I recieved my extra sync chord for my dx5000 it came with a velcro, sort of patch you put over the housing front, and pass the sync chord through to help deflect light to the chord. I hope that makes sence.

Has anyone used this? does it work effecively?

thinking about setting it up and giving it a go for my trip coming up, but just wanted to know if anyone has used it and had an opinion.

thankx

It works fine. I have been in shallow water in the Bahamas over that white sand and had my strobe slave every time it pointed at the bottom. By covering the slave eye you avoid this, also slaving is more reliable with the fiber optic cord. Make sure you restrict the cord so you dont include it in your pictures. Last dont crimp the ends. Good luck.

thanks OD, (gee, I should have thought of that handle), in theory it seems like would work very well.

I was looking at the paperwork that came with it and there are patterns to cut the velcro for other housings that use the same sync chord as well.

Sharkey...I used the velcro mask system with my YS90DX strobe. It works very well.

Thanks Dee, now I just need to make time to set it up before May 5th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom