Sea & Sea Underwater camera repair!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reidman

Registered
Reaction score
Ok I need to post my positive experience with an underwater camera flood problem.
I purchased a Sea & Sea MMII ex brand new in the box, took it to Aruba on a dive trip. The second time I used it I noticed bubbles coming from the camera and surfaced.
There was a small amount of water in camera and the flash or strobe no longer worked. I flushed camera and put it away. When I returned I contacted Sea & Sea which is Tusa now. I was told to contact Sub Aquatic Camera's for repair. After a little mix up with email I decided to look at camera myself. Circuit board on camera had a burnt circuit both other wise looked good inside. There was some water in the viewfinder also form flushing. I was contacted by Chris at Sub Aquatic Camera’s about repairs. He was more
Then willing to help and since I work with electronics agreed to send me the parts to fix camera. I received a large box full of spares and instructions. Talk about service! Camera is now fixed and all is better then well.
Just thought you guys might want to know where to expect service. I know my digital will be coming from Sea & Sea. And all my service will be at Sub Aquatic camera’s from now on. I don’t recommend you try to repair your own underwater camera but it’s nice to know you can expect service when you need it.

They are just great!
BTW, Chris is a girl, Christine Humphrey I believe...
Also good UWPhotographer.

Thanks I didn't know Chris was a girl only contact by email but she was most helpfull.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom