Sea&Sea RDX-550 - which dome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

britishseapowerman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have just booked up a liveaboard trip to the Galapagos in August - I want to upgrade my compact+inon lens to an slr setup - the one that catches my eye is the RDX-550 with the T2i. Having read up as much as possible I am going to get the tokina 10-17mm for my wide angle stuff. The only thing i am struggling to get literature on is advice on the dome port. I would like to just get the Sea & Sea compact as it is going to be much easier on the wallet - but I just want to know which is best for the shots like whalesharks, schooling hammerheads being the main ones and to a lesser extent the sealions.

Any help would be much appreciated or if you could direct me to some literature that would advise me on dome port selection!?!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have just booked up a liveaboard trip to the Galapagos in August - I want to upgrade my compact+inon lens to an slr setup - the one that catches my eye is the RDX-550 with the T2i. Having read up as much as possible I am going to get the tokina 10-17mm for my wide angle stuff. The only thing i am struggling to get literature on is advice on the dome port. I would like to just get the Sea & Sea compact as it is going to be much easier on the wallet - but I just want to know which is best for the shots like whalesharks, schooling hammerheads being the main ones and to a lesser extent the sealions.

Any help would be much appreciated or if you could direct me to some literature that would advise me on dome port selection!?!

Thanks in advance!
I would recommend the glass compact dome (the optical dome) with the SX extension. Works great but if money is an issue then get the compact since they are the same size. Personally, I would get the zen dome ($900) since I shoot more CFWA and my zen is great for the whale sharks and hammerheads but it still is a lot of money.
Bill

do u know zen dome dp-100 can use with RDX-550D ?

Back
Top Bottom