sea&sea mx10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman,

Thanks for the info. I've been using Kodak Max both topside (200) and underwater (400), with excellent results. I'm ready to try 100 for underwater prints. I guess I didn't make my question clear, though. WHICH Fuji film for U/W slies?

Sorry, I just do prints so can't help with slide film. You might want to start a new thread asking about slide film. I don't have a slide projector so I figure it's not worth gearing up to do slides. As a side note, I have heard that exposure is a lot more critical with slide film than with print film.

Hi Missy,
I have used my MX-10 for a few years now and once you get used to it is a great snap camera and great for recording all your underwater memories.
To get the best out of your camera you will have to spend some extra $ and get the other attachments the wide angled lens and the Macro lens, the MX takes great macros.
But as the pros will tell you get close get close and get close, you will get better results with every roll of film.

the following is a website of a fella in Hawaii that has some excellent ideas on the MX-10.

http://www.nethawaii.net/~mkapono/

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to email me.

Judy

Hi, Missy,

Beside Liburdi's book, I like Martin Edge's The Underwater Photographer. It is not too advanced and the photos are positively inspirational.

Also, I do not know where you live, but if you are in Southern California, you can visit the master, himself: Joe Liburdi has a dive shop at 15315 Culver Drive, Irvine, California--he even has a web site: http://www.liburdiscuba.com.

Joe is very personable and will talk to all who approach.

Finally, about photos underwater there is one paramount rule: reduce the column of water between camera and subject. In simple English, get close!

This advice is somewhat frustrating since you will discover that fish have a "safety zone" and each species is different. What that means is you can only get so close and the fish will swim or dart away. As your diving skills improve you will find that you can get closer because you are less disruptive. Oh yes, "chasing" fish burns up a lot of air and usually does not work; they can swim faster than we can!

There is a school that says start with Macro because you can take close-ups of coral, nudibrancs, sponges, clams, etc. and they don't move! One of my favorite photos that I took is a close-up of some perfectly formed maze coral...a pretty pattern and nice color.

Have fun with your camera!

Joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom