Sea & Sea MX-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a MX-10 to replace my Sealife Reefmaster RC. Any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with the Reefmaster RC, but I've had the MX-10 for about a year. I took it to Aruba last June and just got back from Key Largo. I absolutely love it. I was completely new to underwater photography, but was very happy with the results on the Aruba trip. Then, I was pleasently surprise by my improvement when I got the Key Largo pics back...even after going about 10 months w/o using it.

Are there any specific questions you had in mind?

Was the external flash good?

I have had the MX-10 since 95, and have had wonderful success with it. It allows you to get great photos, without having to worry about every aspect of photography. Just get the shot! I would reccommend getting the kit with all the lenses, and thte pelican case, it's a good value. Also, think about the new fiberoptic cable.

Good shooting!

PhotoTJ

Stingray81888 once bubbled...
Was the external flash good?

I think so...again, I'm no professional, but I've been very happy with it. I have dozens of sharp, bright photos taken anywhere from 25' - 75' down.

Of course, some shots were ruined due to backscatter, being out of focus, or just being too far away, but that happens. Honestly, most of my photos that ended up in the trash were due to user error.

the mx-10 i'm told is about a middle of the road camera.i've had mine for two years now,and i'm real happy with it. i would say that you might consider getting the optic cable for the ys-40 strobe.it seems to me it would be better if you could move the strobe around instead of having it mounted on the camera.theirs nothing for me,like taking pictures on a dive.it gives the dive a whole new diminsion. hope your pics come out great.:)

I had mine down to recreational limits several times with no problems.

Several have mentioned the fiber optic cable attachment for the YS40 strobe. I just wanted to mention that there are two currently on the market. My preference for quality and design is the MX-Tender from GB Undersea. It's made from aluminum and stainless connections. The other is from Sea and Sea and is made from plastic.

To see a comparison of the two, Click Here.

Stingray,

Don't feel like you have to get the $200 cable attachment. Yes, it would be ideal (even checked into it myself until I saw the price), but I'd get the camera and other accessories first and try them out before sinking another two bills...unless money isn't an issue for you...in which case, would you mind picking me up one, too.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom