Sea&Sea LX-25 and LX-55 for photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRon

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with using the Sea&Sea LX-25 and/or LX-55 for UW photography?
:snorkel:ScubaRon

ron if im not mistake are those underwater lighting for video cameras or are those strobes? because if there lights thats a alot of expense to only be able to use for 1 dive before recharging, you would be better off with 1 strobe and then adding a dive light under that strobe or on another arms.

any reason why you are wanting to use video lights?

tooth

I need a new primary dive light and also a strobe/light for my Sea & Sea Motormarine II (both were recently stolen). Also I will probably go digital in the next 18 months, so the strobe/light should be useable for that.

Since I carry my camera on almost every dive, I thought I could try a video light (that could also function as a dive light) instead. The benefits I see:
- easier to handle than separate dive light and camera
- easier aiming of the light
- better focusing of digital camera's
- no need to worry about strobe settings and connection
- ability to shoot short video's with the digital camera.

The concerns are:
- quality of the pics
- burn time
:snorkel:ScubaRon

ScubaRon:
I need a new primary dive light and also a strobe/light for my Sea & Sea Motormarine II (both were recently stolen). Also I will probably go digital in the next 18 months, so the strobe/light should be useable for that.

If you think you'll be going digital, check into the S&S YS90DX. It can be synced with a cord to your MMII and used with a fiber optic cable to digitals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom