Sea & Sea equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karloss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All I have really noticed on here is Canon, Nikon and a few other brands. Has anyone used/owned any Sea & Sea equipment? If so, I would appreciate a review of it. Thanks, and please limit it to Sea and Sea unless you are also comparing and contrasting between Sea and Sea and another brand.

I've got a S&S motor marine III. I really can't give you a meaningful review as I only used it a half a dozen times. I'd love to sell it, as I never use it.

I use almost all Sea & Sea gear....strobes, DSLR housing fo D300, DX-1G (Point & shoot) with Sea & Sea YS-110 strobe.

Their gear is top notch. The cameras they use for their point and shoot is essentially a Ricoh GX100. This camera has won numerous awards and is very very easy to use, the best wide angle, full manual options and RAW (like the Canon G9- but MUCH more compact). A good way to pave the way to DSLR use.

Your question is a little vague and depends on what you are looking for. If you want the most in manual options and RAW for the most control over your pictures, there are only two choices.....the Canon G9 or the Sea & Sea DX-1G. I chose the Sea & Sea because the camera itself is also SO much easier to pocket topside being only just over half the size of the G9. THe WA was a huge help too.

Thank you. I was mainly inquisitive. All the online shops sell the Sea and Sea and Sealife, but I rarely see anyone post anything about them, it's all Nikon, Cannon, Fugi..... I am interested in a camera, but I don't want anything bulky. I have read some other positive threads about the Sea and Sea.

I use a DX-860G Camera, YS-27 strobe, and im very happy with it. It's simple to use and small enough that you can clip it to a D-ring and not notice it to much. Here are some pic's I took with it on a recent trip to cozumel:

PIC_0234copy.jpg

And with the wide angel lens:

BOAT.jpg

Personally, I have a S&S camera and I wish I had never bought it. It goes to "sleep" and is just too difficult to play with the buttons when diving. I have called them and they dont seem to realize that diving with a camera is not like being on shore where you can make all kinds of adjustments with no problem.

Maybe it is just me. But, wouldnt buy another one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom