SEA&SEA DX1200-HD. Pictures taken with my new cam :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnPlayVA, if you want to take a couple of underwater photo courses I would recommend the following site: The Underwater Photographer, Underwater Digital Photography Classes: Improve your underwater photos. I took two of their courses and found them really helpful. I have also taken the PADI UW photo course and found that to be helpful, but the classes by Marty and Bonnie were much better. I took the Introduction to Digital Underwater Photography and the Digital Workflow & Image Manipulation for Underwater courses. I emailed Bonnie and Marty when I had a question and always received a response. In fact, one time Marty sent me his phone number because he didn't feel he could answer my question via email.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks Hammerhead Man - I will definitely look into that. I tried to fix the pictures using iphoto last night but they aren't much better. I've been blaming the camera but after seeing these pictures that others have taken, I guess I have to face reality and admit it's me!

Julie

I would recommend that you get Photoshop Elements. That program gives you a lot of flexibility to adjust pictures. If you send me your email I can send you a copy of some pics before they were adjusted and after they were put through photoshop so you can see the difference. My email address is jamescrew6@verizon.net. Bonnie's course gives an overview of how to use photoshop elements in correcting your pics.

Regards,

Bill

Great pics with the Sea&Sea DX-1200HD. I purchased one this May in hopes of getting some pictures/video while diving in St. Maarten to share with my non-diving friends. My u/w photography experience did not turned out as expected; after only shooting a few pics and a couple of minutes of videos, the camera turned itself off and will not powered back up again for the entire dive. And this keep happening on every dive.

The camera will work after I surfaced and reset the camera; this by pulling out the battery and reinserting it again. My camera is now on its way to Sea&Sea to be serviced, and hopefully, it won't happen again.

But for now, I will hold my disappointment in check that glitches happened, and all in all, I am pleased with the results of the pictures that I did managed to take, and will still vote for Sea&Sea DX-1200HD as a very good camera to own.

Well, I'm off on a road trip to the Georgia Aquarium and later in the week I'll be in Hatteras, North Carolina. I won't do any diving, and I heard snorkeling in the Outer Banks is no good but I'll try and find a few things to photograph if I find a calm and clear spot. I'll also see if I can take some underwater photographs/video in the touch pools at the Aquarium! If not, I'll have lot's of pictures and video taken out of water of pretty fish, corals, and invertebrates.

I saw the great pics. I just got my 1200HD a week ago (finally arrived 1 day before leaving for Cozumel). Everything was working great the night before we left. I tried to take some pictures the next morning before getting on the plane....camera wouldnt even turn on. The whole week in Cozumel it wouldnt function properly. I just got back today, nice trip but I'm really bummed especially after seeing the great pics I missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom