Sea & Sea DC500 Strobe Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ziongyal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have the Pro set and can't get the strobe to work underwater but it works remarkably (and unnecessarily) well on land... anyone else having this problem with their Sea & Sease DC500? (Sent it back 6 weeks ago and feel like I'm getting the run around).

Cheers To You & Blissful Expiring Ascents,
-Ziongyal

Do you mean Sealife DC500? If so they have had a couple of issues with the strobe firing ramdomly. Do you have the setting set to Forced flash?

Are you using the sync cord? They are now recommending pushing the fiber optic cord further up, until it is pointed towards the front of the camera instead of straight up. Be sure to have your camera set on the external flash mode too.

Sorry for the confusion.... yes, I meant Sealife. I was using external flash mode but not forced flashed when the problems occured. Thanks for the tips...i'll try the sync cord placement suggestion and hope for the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom