Sea & Sea DC 3000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fergyjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I believe Sea & Sea have released a new digital camera DC 3000,
can anyone refer me to a web site that has info on this.
Has a housing rated to 60m and is about 3.3MP.

on Sea and Sea's site? Sea and Sea I found some info there, but not sure if it's what you're after.

I can't find any info on it anywhere but the S&S website.

I found that one! But no where else.

A quick google search and I came up with this review: Review that says:

"As Ricoh quote in the product literature there really is very little lag time in taking shots. We even recorded times of less than 0.22 seconds, though when in macro mode the lag can extend to over a second. This 0.22 sec time even puts to shame some digital cameras costing twice as much as the Ricoh"

I like the 0.22 second figure but 1 second shutter lag in macro mode is a little much. I'm not sure though how fast other digital cameras with available UW housings are...

/Mike

Diverguy.com

I just registered to this site after finding it while I was trying to search for more info on the DX3000.

I'm searching around for a digital underwater camera myself and have been doing a little research. The DX3000 isn't a digital camera it's actually housing for a Ricoh Caplio RR30 Digital camera. So if you want to know more about the camera itself you can do a search on that instead of DX3000 you will find a lot more info that way. But if it's the housing you want info on try searching for DX3000 Housing instead of DX3000 camera. Took me a while to figure this out and wondered why I wasn't getting many results back and that was why. The housing actually costs more than the camera. I've found the camera costs around $225 and the housing is about $500.

Thanks for the clarification. You'll find that most housings do cost more than the cameras they hold!

Back
Top Bottom