Sea & Sea Aquapix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbloomer

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone bought / used a Sea & Sea Aquapix yet? It's their new digital UW camera. I have an olympus C-700 which I would like to buy a housing for. I know Ikelite make a housing for it, but I'm quite keen on finding out more on what is tantamount to the first fully UW digicam.

Simon

Hi SBloomer,

I see you are also a boerewors boykie!

A lot of discussion has happened on the 'Board about this camera already. Check out the following threads (circular linking warning! :) )

http://www.scubaboard.com/t42186.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/t45279.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/t44816.html

Bottom line: I wouldn't buy it. Rather save the difference and go for a Samsung, Canon or Sony housed system (all available locally).

OR... You can take the plunge and buy an Olympus C5050 + PT015 housing like most of the folks on this forum via the Internet. I just didn't have the guts, to be honest. It will probably work out cheaper than the Aquapix at R7/$.

Cheers.

Andrew

ShoalDiverSA:
Hi SBloomer,

I see you are also a boerewors boykie!

Bottom line: I wouldn't buy it. Rather save the difference and go for a Samsung, Canon or Sony housed system (all available locally).

Cheers.

Andrew

Andrew

I enjoy boerie, but I prefer our fermented grapes...

I think in the long run I might upgrade my oly c-700 to a c-750 and get the Ikelite housing. Depends on cashflow and spousal approval....

BTW, I might be making a turn to Natal (Durban) in the not too distant future - maybe we can link up or you can point me to a decent charter...

Simon

sbloomer:
I enjoy boerie, but I prefer our fermented grapes...

Aaah, naturally. The nectar of the gods (or something like that).

sbloomer:
BTW, I might be making a turn to Natal (Durban) in the not too distant future - maybe we can link up or you can point me to a decent charter...

By all means PM me when you are planning to come up and we can connect, I am sure. Other than that, check out the Africa forum for a recent thread on the charters up here.

Cheers,

Andrew

I bought one a couple of weeks ago through ebay. I haven't tried it out in the water yet...out-of-water pics are so-so. My tax refund ended up being a little bigger than I had originally anticipated, so I think I'm going to fork over a little extra cash and get an olympus. Now, I just need to sell the Aquapix. If you're interested in buying one, I'll let it go for quite a bit less than I paid. I'm attaching a pic I took to give you an idea of general quality. This picture is at the lowest size and standard detail (not fine). Let me know if you're interested (torrey_weaver@yahoo.com).

Back
Top Bottom