Sea & Sea Aquapix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

François

Reaction score
Hello

I curently use a Fujifilm Finepix 602 zoom digital camera and a Canon T90 24x36 (old but great !).

Now I would like to start to do some underwater photography (what for a surprise from someone living in French Polynesia !).

First I tried to find a housing for the Finepix 602 : nothing !

Then I read some news about the new Sea & Sea Aquapix digital camera. That is something interesting : no housing to buy, something very compact, and not so expensive. Moreover it is said that this camera accepts MX10 lenses.

Has anyone heard about the Aquapix ? Any comment about the concept ? Any comment about Sea & Sea products ?

Thanks in advance !

François:
Hello

I curently use a Fujifilm Finepix 602 zoom digital camera and a Canon T90 24x36 (old but great !).

Now I would like to start to do some underwater photography (what for a surprise from someone living in French Polynesia !).

First I tried to find a housing for the Finepix 602 : nothing !

Then I read some news about the new Sea & Sea Aquapix digital camera. That is something interesting : no housing to buy, something very compact, and not so expensive. Moreover it is said that this camera accepts MX10 lenses.

Has anyone heard about the Aquapix ? Any comment about the concept ? Any comment about Sea & Sea products ?

Thanks in advance !
All I can say is Don't buy it!!!
It's a beautifull looking camera but the picture quality is extremely bad for the money. I will be getting a C5050 and Housing for just a little more. Make sure you read some of the posts about the C5050 and there are some others about the Aquapix too. The aquapix gives you very dark and grainy pics, more like a 1 Mega Pixel camera.
Please send me a private message if this one han't changed your mind. deb

i think the Aquapix is only 2.1 mp or so, and i hear the image quality is far below that

Back
Top Bottom