Sea&Sea 17mm vs Sea&Sea 20mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjoeldm

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a S&S 20mm lens for my Nikonos V, however there was recently an auction on ebay for a 15mm S&S lens. However I came in second, yet I just got an email from the seller stating:

"There was a mistake in the listing of my Sea & Sea Lens. It was listed at 15MM but is actually 17MM. This mistake occurred because I was in upstate New York when I listed the item. Now the winning bidder has asked for a slight rebate or to stop the transaction. I can give him the rebate, but believe the item is worth $400 and would like to get fair value. Maybe you would like to purchase the (17MM) Sea & Sea Lens at the price you bid?"

The item is here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3827902358&ssPageName=ADME:B:ON:US:4

As you can see, there is no indication on the photo what lens it is, so I'm a little suspicious, but this seller has a 100% rating on over 100 items, so it could just be a mistake.

Still, the bigger issue is, do I need a 17mm if I already have a 20mm? Would I be better off buying this and selling my 20mm or keeping both?

I believe that the 15mm is 96 deg angle of view, the 17mm, 86 and the 20mm 80 deg.

Thanks,

JoeL

Back
Top Bottom