sea quest thrusters vs. SP twin jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Berdman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok so I went diving yesterday and the two buddy’s I went with had twinjets and I have thrusters. Well the whole time I was thinking damn my legs are so weak, I mean I would kick like hell just to keep up. I could only get like 6 kicks then I needed to do a modified frog kick cuz my legs got so tired. The two buddy’s said they were hardly even moving, so one of the buddy’s who is a DM said try my fins for the last dive. So I used the twinjets on the last dive. Let me tell you what a difference!!! You hardly even notice they are on, you can get full kicks, no leg fatigue. AND they are about a 100% easy to move around under water. So needless to say my last dive was great but the guy I gave the fins was complaining about how much work it was to do anything under water with the thrusters. I know when I use thrusters I need to make a huge turn just to turn around, with the jets it was just a quick spin. It seems that in shallow water or surface swims the fins don’t like to stay under the water.

So as we left the last dive I said to my buddy "maybe they are called thrusters because you need to thrust my hell to get anywhere".

So that’s my review not that it matters to anyone :)

(for sale pair of blue thruster fins M/ML) ;-)

I'd say if you compared almost any fin to the thrusters you would get the same results. My first set of fins were thrusters and I'm convinced they are the worst fin design ever! The shape and width of them just cause them to slice thru the water like a knife. If you lost a fin I doubt you could tell it. :rofl3: I've got two sets of them in the corner of my garage (I bought them for me and my son both!) and I would not even give them to anybody because I wouldn't want them to get mad at me. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom