Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very Nice!

You were with the mobula in the water, how about the dolphins and the Killer Whales?
We spent some time with the Orca trying to time the encounter correctly and unfortunately we never got to see them underwater. We did get the chance to get in once, but we didn't see them. I know many that have been in the water for hours with the Orca! I will be back to try again!

That looks absolutely amazing! Where in Baja? What time of year would one expect to see all those rays?
They can truly be seen almost anywhere along the coast in the Sea of Cortez during the months of maybe late March to July for the biggest groups. Some days you have to go an hour or two south to find the right group, some days north. I saw large group in Cabo San Lucas and in La Paz. But generally anywhere near the Isla Cerlvo.

Hey! I was just watching that video last night when I was surfing around YouTube!

I’m heading to the sea of Cortez in 2 weeks for the “ultimate whale sharks” expedition on the Nautilus Belle Amie. I’m hoping to see mobulas on the trip. 🤞🏻

Hey! I was just watching that video last night when I was surfing around YouTube!

I’m heading to the sea of Cortez in 2 weeks for the “ultimate whale sharks” expedition on the Nautilus Belle Amie. I’m hoping to see mobulas on the trip. 🤞🏻
They are absolutely still around! Get back to me on how that trip turns out. I was looking at that one and the Orca specific trip but they sold out. Very interested!

I’ll be sure to share how it was when I return.

Your Bonaire video is really beautiful too! I enjoyed the slow panning shots. I’ll need to try that on my trip. I usually shoot from a static position and that can get a little dull.

Back
Top Bottom