Sea of Cortez/Midriff Islands - How good is the diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been on both trips and would recommend both. In fact I am going to the Sea of Cortez in couple weeks and will be on BDSC's charter to Socorro in November. You can't go wrong with either one but they are very different. Sea of Cortez offers a wide variety of sea life as stated above. You will for sure dive with sea lions and snorkel with the whalesharks. Lots of unique macro opportunities as well.

Socorro offers dives with dolphins, sharks and giant manta rays! Not very many macro opportunities but depending on when you go you may see a whaleshark or humpbacks. Socorro diving is definitely more advanced diving especially at Roca Partida where you are diving a pinnacle and are in the blue most of the time. I have been on the Solmar V and the Rocio Del Mar so if you have any specific questions just ask!

Back
Top Bottom