Sea of Cortez for 2017 at a Discount!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Howdy Everyone!

I am trying to judge interest to see if any SB folks out there would be interested in doing the Sea of Cortez aboard the Rocio Del Mar in August of 2017. So here's the deal with all of this.

Our group did the Socorro Islands aboard the RDM this past November and had a blast. Great food, boat, crew, and diving. So when we returned, there were a number of folks who wanted to do their Sea of Cortez itinerary. I booked the entire boat for August 12th - 19th of 2017. Typically I book that far in advance to be able to get the entire boat. After I booked it, I sent out a mass email to all those folks who typically have been going on our trips and in a few days I had 30 people wanting to go on a boat with 20 spots. So who do you tell they can't go? Very tough to do because they are all really good friends. Solution........book the boat for back to back weeks which is what I am thinking of doing. What I was wanting to do is get an idea if anyone from SB would like to join in. We already have some SB folks going that I have met over the years.

For those of you that has seen me post trips in the past, you know that we all share in the commission/group discounts/free spots etc. No one goes for free or on another persons dime. The list price of the trip for 2017 is $2495. At a minimum, I can discount that by $250. If we earn at least one freebie another $100 and if we fill the boat at least another $100 for a total discount of $450. (Might be able to sweeten it a little more but won't promise it yet.)

Here is a link to the RDM website: Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard You can find out what to expect diving the Sea of Cortez. You can also save on airfare as you only have to fly into Phoenix and then take a shuttle to the boat. The cost of the shuttle r/t runs about $125 I think.

Take a look and if you think you would be interested, just let me know. I will start a list and if I do book the boat for a second week, I'll let folks know that have shown interest.

Thanks and great diving to each of you!

Ashley

If this is the Midrift itinerary making port at Puerto Penasco, MX I would be interested in one spot possibly three depending on costs and if I can interest others. Are you affiliated with a dive shop or are you doing this alone?

Warren,

I/we do this on our own as a group. But that's how we can give the discounts. I don't know of any dive shop that's going to discount it like that. I will PM you and give you my email address and will put you on the list as a possible for 1 to 3 spots. That is the correct itinerary. You look like you may be close.

We were going to do the relocation trip next year, but it fell through (man, does that boat book up fast and early!). I haven't had a chance to talk to Peter, but I'd be very interested in this -- although at my and Peter's ages, planning two years out starts looking a little risky! Please put me on your list as a very tentative two.

You're in and you're still to young for it to be risky!

Ash

---------- Post added March 24th, 2015 at 08:48 PM ----------

Had a question so here's how I do the payments. I typically split the payments in three parts. About 18 months out I will ask for an initial deposit from folks and then another one at the 12 month mark and the final about 6 months out.

I do not hold each payment but pass it on to the folks I use to book a lot of my liveaboards or to the boat itself along with a list of names, how much they paid, and how much they owe so should something happen to me, and that would make everyone very very sad, the trip can go on!!!!

Ash

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom