SEA in mid to late August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ilympt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

To celebrate my daughter's high school graduation, I am planning on taking her to China for 5-6 weeks in the summer, I figure we should do some diving in mid to late August before we head back to Canada and she goes to university.

We did Scuba Junkie Komodo last July and it was amazing (our first and only SEA dive trip) and I was thinking of doing Scuba Junkie Penida for 4 days. We will probably be departing from HK if that makes a difference. Are there any recommendation in Malaysia, Thailand or Philippines or other places I didn't even think of? Looking for a mix of big and macro if possible, we have not seen whale shark so that would be a big plus if there is opportunity for that. Please also provide dive shop/accommodation recommendation. Thanks in advance

Dan,

Summer is commie china is HOT. Two weeks in Peking and Xian is more than enough.
Aug is typhoon season in Philippines so you have to consider about it.
Malaysia: Sipadan
Thailand: Koh Tao, whaleshark is possible(Sail Rock) but the diving there is generally NOT that good.
Indonesia: Sangalaki but getting there is time consuming. However, you can mix Sipadan with it and Scuba Junkie have operation in both places.

Back
Top Bottom