Sea Hunt Forever 2024?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there is ( anyone posting on this forum ) please let me know. 🤿😃
Scott G. Bonser
Actually I was kind of surprised to see Scuba Lawyer (Mark) posting anything in public. All of the Sea Hunt Forever events have been kept private with participation only by invitation. Mark has asked us all to keep it private and not to contact the Florida officials independently for reasons of #1 Having one point of contact with them #2 Not offending or confusing them and #3 Respecting their authority in deciding the matter.

The truth is that Scuba Diving in Silver Springs is NOT Open to the Public. We were VERY fortune to be invited there to re-enact the Sea Hunt TV show on specific anniversaries of the show. I don't think it is an opportunity that will ever be offered again. :confused:

It was some great times but as the saying goes, all things must come to an end.

Eb (@SurfLung) has all valid points. I am still hopeful of a future show at some point. We have always maintained the single point of contact approach as that is the only way to present a unifying front and position. Too many cooks in the kitchen is never a good thing. 😎 No secret there. It is no secret who owns and operates Silver Springs State Park.

A quick shout-out to Eb (SurfLung). Eb was brought into the SHF diving cast as an alternate when a slot opened up because someone couldn't commit to the show one year. I think that was 2016. Eb became the consumate SHF showman. He not only made all the dives with all the right gear, but would walk the line of tourists waiting for a ride on the glass-bottom boats (in full twin 38's, weight belt and wetsuit) between dives for hours answering questions about Sea Hunt and telling stories about the show. I believe he was a diving cast member in 3 shows. Eb epitomized the spirit of SHF and his contributions were greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom