Sea Hunt episodes on Roku

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The quality on the episodes I saw, seem to be much better than YouTube.

That is not surprising, but it is disappointing.

There were many bootlegged copies of the entire series before MGM finally remastered them and sold them as a complete set. For a while, the complete set (all 155 episodes) was available from Amazon for about $50.

You can still purchase all four seasons, but they are separate and the price is all over. The good news is that you can buy some of the seasons used for as little as $2.88, but the prizes seem to jump.

The stuff in YouTube might have come from one of the many bootlegged copies.

I have seen bootlegged copies in DVD and even back in VHS format. Some episodes had very decent quality, but some were just impossible to watch.

You are definitely right that the free YouTube episodes sometimes seem to be of lesser video quality. Some of them only start off that way, and are generally better once they get started. But probably not truly HD.

You are definitely right that the free YouTube episodes sometimes seem to be of lesser video quality. Some of them only start off that way, and are generally better once they get started. But probably not truly HD.
I watched many of them while recovering from COVID on my iPad, so quality was acceptable, but not great. It was interesting to watch the production quality improve pretty dramatically over the first season and into season two. It's pretty clear they were learning quickly how to shoot underwater video as they went.

It is still pretty mind blowing to me that they shot ~48 26-min episodes which I think was 2 per week for about 6 months. Mostly on location in FL or CA and several minutes of underwater footage in each episode. A pretty incredible accomplishment for a mundane thing like a TV show.

Sea Hunt and Lloyd Bridges are what got me started in Scuba Diving in 1962 when I became a YMCA certified scuba diver. I have been diving ever since and went on to become a YMCA Instructor. I probably saw all the episodes of Sea Hunt on Tuesday nights at 7:30p when I was growing up.

Roku channel on Hulu is where I found it.

Season 1 episodes 1 - 38

Thanks Bob. I just watched the first episode last night!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom