Sea Elite Tek X Harness and Wing Bcd?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markyodo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was wondering if any one here has dove with one of these, the Sea Elite brand Tek X Harness and Wing BCD? Not much mentioned about this BCD in the last few years and I doubt I will find any opinions from local divers.
I was quoted a price of $194.95 for one.

• 30lb capacity Gravity weight system.
  • 10lb capacity rear trim weight system.
  • 44lb lift capacity Ballistic bladder.
  • Cummerbun waist belt.
  • 4 Stainless angled D-rings on shoulders (two adjustable).
  • 2 Stainless D-rings on vest.
  • Adjustable Sternum Strap.
  • Bcd Weight 6.5lbs.

Thanks.

In case you did not know. Sea Elite is the house brand of Divers Supply. I purchased Sea Elite wetsuits in the past and I was happy with them. However, the quality of other items seem to be hit and miss. There was a thread where someone was looking for information on how to patch a BC because his new Sea Elite sprung a leak. The man was in South America so sending it back to Diver's Supply was out of the question. Hopefully, someone that actually used this model of BC will respond. If not, I would check into Diver's Supply return policy and the warranty on the product before ordering.

Thanks. I did question all those points.
2 year warranty and from their site's returns section:
At Divers Supply you can take advantage of our 60/120 day return policy on all of our merchandise(books, CD's & DVD's excluded). You may order just about anything, inspect the equipment, and ifyou are not fully satisfied, just return it for a full refund less S/H charges (provided it has not been used).No restocking fee and no questions asked (provided it has not been used).Items returned within 60 days of date of invoice, will get full credit on your credit card, Items returnedbetween 60-120 days of date of invoice, will get a full store credit

They seem to be a very reputable company, just not sure of the BCD. Weird that there is no information posted on the internet about it.

They are reputable. I have ordered from them in the past and used to visit their store in Jax Beach when in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom