Sea Eagle Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been thinking about getting an inflatable to use as a dive boat for my sons and me. I already pull a camper, so an inflatable that can be carried without the need of a trailer is a necessity. Is anyone familiar with the Sea Eagle brand?

This is the one I'm considering:

Sport Runabout Inflatable Boats

The 14 ft. model.

I'm thinking of using a 6 to 9 HP outboard to keep it light.

Sea Eagles supposedly work, but aren't the greatest boats is what I have read. The boat is going to weigh 187 lbs, plus the motor which should be another 100lbs. Throw in the rest of the gear like anchor/chain, fuel, etc, and you are carrying quite a bit of weight. Since you aren't planning on a big motor a 12' would be lighter and only require an air floor which also set up faster due to less parts. The easier it is to set up and break down the more you will use it. For the $2,725 the Sea Eagle costs you could probably get a nice Hypalon made boat with an inflatable floor. You could probably get an as new used boat from somewhere like Craiglist and find a nice setup including motor, fuel tank, etc. Remember the little stuff adds up quickly. A depth finder is nice to have a fisher finder is awesome.

This post really belongs in the boat section.

This post really belongs in the boat section.

Yeah, I know. I just thought it might get a little more exposure here in the "General" section. "General" does include everything, does it not?:D

Back
Top Bottom