Sea Dragon strobe help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillpusher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, I'm in Bonaire trying out these new strobes, and one of them stopped working early into my very first dive. The normally blue light was a solid red (with fresh batteries). After the dive, I replaced the batteries with another fresh set, but when I turn it on, it still doesn't charge up at all. It flashes blue for 10-20 seconds, then turns solid red.

I've messaged SeaLife customer service as well as posted on their Facebook page, but I'm afraid that with it being a weekend, I won't hear back from them until at some point Monday. So, I'm hoping someone on here has experienced something similar, or has their Sea Dragon owners manual on them to see what a flashing blue - then red light means since I mistakenly didn't think I would need mine and I can't seem to find one online. Needless to say, I'm pretty damn frustrated right now and I was looking forward to trying these things out.

Thanks in advance,

---------- Post added March 1st, 2014 at 05:52 PM ----------

Found the manual, but it was no help.

Hey Pillpusher, did you ever get any help on your strobe issue or figure it out yourself? I took my new Sealife strobe out today and it worked fine at first, but then it started firing on its own, followed by not firing at all. The blue light flashes and continues to flash. I don't get any red, just blue flashes. I changed out the batteries twice to no avail. Now it even flashes blue when the strobe is off! Figuring I need to send it in for replacement (because it's new) but was hoping it's user error rather than a defective piece of equipment.

SeaLife customer service took care of me, per usual, but I'm still not sure what was wrong with the one I originally had. My guess is that it (and possibly yours as well) had some sort of short in it. Contact them and I'm sure they'll get you taken care of one way or another.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom