Sea-Doo VS Supercharged and Explorer experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If this is "3.3 mph" I'll eat my sock.

You can save your socks. None of them go 3.3 mph except the very high end scooters... like the SS $6750 beast they just made or possibly some of the x-dive line. Honestly I wonder how they can get away with saying such crazy claims.

My bladefish is probably less than or at best 1mph under perfect conditions. The sea doo explorer x is much faster/more powerful but even that is relative. I would imagine it is a bit over 1mph on high - probably no where close to 2mph.

I do like the sea doo as it is about as fast as a decent kick and after trying it for myself - and only paying $500 for it - I'm pretty happy. (assuming I won the lottery and it doesn't have trigger issues, flooding issues, stop/go issues, PC board issues, or just generally explode like everyone else)

I'm still swimming in an arc around the boat when I go, planning extra exits on a shore dive, and playing the thirds with some wide margin till it proves itself a bit. Even after I feel more comfortable - I'm only going to adjust the margin a little bit because in the worst case scenario - I still have to tow this thing back to shore if there are issues!

But you're right - the only way the bladefish or sea doo are going to go 3mph are if they are being towed by a boat.

Back
Top Bottom