Sea Dog Sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alpha

Reaction score
Has anyone tried their gear? Any comments? I am not really at the purchasing phase right now, but I am curious. I know Sea Elite gear (regs and bcds) are damn near dangerous, but I am curious about some of the pros and cons of other propritary gear brands.

They seem to have good testimonials on their site, but I am sure those are less then objective.

--Doug Knight

hey....

well i am sure you will get a smather of opinions on this one!!

my personal feeling about buying gear from an lds or on line is pretty simple. if it is life support gear....or...gear that needs servicing annually to keep up the warrantee.....or ....gear that could ever use any adjusting.....i buy exclusively from an lds.

if it is items like fins, snorkles, attachments...yada yada...yep i will buy on line. a good example of that is when i bought a cressi sub mask from an lds for $100....then two weeks later found it on line for $35....oh yea...i def check the web now..

is your question has anyone tried the particular brand of gear you noted.....or....have they tried their gear before buying it?? the lds i normally use has a pool and will let you try just about anything you want to before putting down the big bucks....and...
as for that particular brand you noted....not tried it...

and....if i totally missed your question.....never mind!!

Never heard of Sea Dog Sports, so I can't make any fact-supported comments, but if you want an opinion.........

It sounds like Sea Dogs Sports might be a knock-off brand, and I would personally stay away from them for any major gear, and even some minor stuff. When it comes to gear that you're trusting your life to, I would definitely pay a little extra for a "name-brand". As far as on-line vs. LDS, I'm not going to touch that one! Going with a company that has been proven over time, either by the reviews of groups like Rodales, or by the reviews and support of other divers, is a safer strategy than trying to save a few bucks.

Then again......there are a few people I wouldn't mind sending to 100' with a reg from Wal-Mart!:wink:

Hope this helps.

Superego

I think that answered my questions.... when it does come time to buy gear... I think I will spring for the good stuff/stuff I have tried. I'd rather buy stuff just once.

Back
Top Bottom