sea apple, Pattaya, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
Here is a pic from this past Saturday dive in Pattaya.
Oly C-4040, Ikelite housing, DS 125 strobe

Hmm, I wonder what happened to scubaclicks.com, the page does not seem to work anymore :-(

fbf53507.jpg

Very nice shots..
Thank you both for sharing.
Rick

ssra30 - Those Sea Apples are strange! I used to have one in an aquarium...years ago be diving!

cmdasia - what's that in the background of your shot? Very interesting!

Its a red whip coral (Ctenocella Pectinata) - Its easier to "see" if you rotate the pic by 90 degree (i.e. landscape format which was the ogiginal format of the shot).

I like to sort of Hijack this thread and add to what SSRA30 has started - Pattaya and the Eastern Gulf gets quite a bad rap but it has some interesting diving for those willing to search out their "prey" rather than have it handed on a plate - could I invite other pictures taken in Pattaya?

IMG0009.jpg

Very Very common sight in Pattaya

I agree that Pattaya generally has a bad rep.

Depending on what you are looking. It is definitely a fun place to
look around for little things, often among garbage, bottles etc (although it is now quite a bit cleaner than what I remembered 10-15 years ago). Of course now with a camera in hand, I find Pattaya a lot more fun than I did in the past. Plan to go back there again probably in 2 weeks.
cmdasia, thanks for sharing the pics. I will definitely have to look a bit more carefully for more pics opportunity.

hopefully I will have more pics to share. In the mean time, here is another one.

fbf3b9a0.jpg

Nice pics ssra30 and cmdasia. Glad to see those Krateng Daeng bottles are being put to good use !

ssra30, I believe scubaclicks is down due to a server move. It was suppoosed to be down for only 24-48 hours, but it's closing in on a week. Just when I thought I found a free temporary home on the internet which allows linking for my limited number of photos . . .

I'm pretty sure that first one is a Pipefish. What's the second...with the long 'nose'?

Great photos...keep 'em coming! I love seeing stuff from your side of the world that I'll probably never get to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom